Monday, October 27, 2008

Riceboy Sleeps

We filled our pockets with dry leaves,
made leafy pillows and lay down beneath the cinnamon tree.
We stared up at the sun with our eyes closed
and we saw the dust in the air turn into fireflies.
We lay with the day.
The wind snuck into the cracks of our sleaves,
and played songs in our ears.
I used to watch you sleeping.


A few months ago I went and saw Sigur Ros. I love them for reasons I can’t explain. Blogged about the gig here.

Jonsi Birgisson, lead singer of Sigur Ros also collaborated with his boyfriend Alex Somers a few years ago to create a limited edition picture book. They had an exhibition of the prints in Melbourne this time last year which I was luck enough to attend, and I am also lucky enough to own a copy of the book.
Thought I would share a few pictures from the book, because it is truly one of the most precious things I own...



No comments: