Friday, August 8, 2008

Band Of Horses 03/08/08

After our brew session on Sunday, I left Millie and headed off to Billboard for Band Of Horses
First up - The Gin Club pretty much bored me, and most of the crowd by the looks of things.
Sunday evening; I was really just too buggered to care about the support act!
There were a few technical issues, and they were really nothing i hadn't heard before.
There were definitely moments where I thought they sounded pretty good though, and I suppose it was interesting to watch the way they all rotated on the instruments.
It seemed they ALL could play guitar, drums AND sing!?

Band of Horses were a lot different to what I had imagined!!
Watching them on stage was a completely different experience to listening to their albums.
They were very laid back. Casually asking "how you guys going?", and having a few brews on stage.
It was nice to see such an accomplished band so down to earth, and clearly not taking themselves too seriously.
There were no real highlights, but I'd say "Wedding song" and "Our Swords" just because I love those songs!
I think it was a perfect chilled gig to wind down my jam packed weekend.

-jac

No comments: