Friday, August 22, 2008

music is my radar

so ive been thinking about music a lot lately, and exactly what it means to me.
its always been one of my main drivers.
i seem to work to earn money to buy cd's and tickets to gigs.
and now writing and making music is a new hobby.

ive realised that my favourite moments, biggest regret and most exciting future plans are all music related.
...like watching Brand New at billboard on 7/6/07. when jesse lacey sang one of my favourite songs ever, a little accoustic demo; Untitled 1!! so unexpected, and so truly amazing!
...and almost being moved to tears on 29/10/07 upstairs at the forum when Sigur Ros performed Untitled 4 (njósnavélin / the nothing song). that moment around 4:50-5 mins that takes my breath away on the record... to hear it live... wow! i think my heart stopped for those 10 seconds.
and pretty much my dream is to go to europe in june/july one year for a massive festival season bender. and also get to coachella in the US one year.
oh and i'd have to say my biggest regret is getting really drunk on 29/12/07! the night of Nyssa's birthday party, and also the night of Built to Spill at the corner. i was so absolutely maggotted that i completely missed support act The Crayon Fields whom i love!!! and i cant even remember 1/4 of Built to Spill's set! actually, less than that. i remember singing along, but i dont know what songs i was singing!? haha. bad badd badddd.


buttt... now i have the chance to rectify a part of this regret! i am going to see The Crayon Fields tonight as part of the Wintertones mini-festival, also featuring Love of Diagrams, Kes Band, Beaches, Qua, Beach House etc etc.
this should be a fantastic gig! i am well and truly excited!! fuckcunt is going POP for the evening =)

-jac

No comments: