Monday, August 18, 2008

Peace to the world. Support the Olympics. See you later

These were the words said by lead singer Jack Barnett of These New Puritans as they left the stage at Prince on Thursday night.
They were a joy to watch! Some mad strobe light action going on forr sure!!
It was one of those gigs where I wish I wasn't so damn tired and sick!! I would have been dancing around like a mad bitch. Yeahh.

First support Bachelor of Arts were also a joy. As always!
Talented attractive people make me happy.
And these guys definitely fit that description!

Young and Restless were up next. I'm not really a fan... but they were better than I remembered so I will give them props for that.
Tori seemed to enjoy them a lot, so maybe they just aren't my thing?

Anywho... These New Puritans made me happy.
They played every song I wanted to hear, and threw in a couple of new ones for good measure.
Highlights would have to be Elvis, Infinity Ytinifni and En Papier.
I wasn't overly impressed with Swords of Truth live, even though it would definitely be my favourite off the album. It just didn't quite sound quite right. The 'horns' were sampled and just weren't loud enough for my liking. Or something.
Anyway, all-in-all a great show!

-jac

No comments: